Enhancing economic development and financial sustainability through globally aligned skills development, rural development, industry transformation, strategic partnerships, research and innovation. Enhancing economic development and financial sustainability through globally aligned skills development, rural development, industry transformation, strategic partnerships, research and innovation.
Inspired visionary leadership through skills development within the transport sector
Building a forward-thinking and globally competitive workforce by facilitating skills development programmes that support the outcomes of the NSDP and respond to emerging skills needs of the transport sector.
Trust | Responsibility | Respect | Accountability | Positive attitude | Commitment | Innovation
Economic Development | Industry Skills Needs | National Priorities | Transformation
Our Strategic Values
- To provide administrative support services and enable TETA to deliver on its mandate and ensure compliance with all governance imperatives.
- Establish mechanisms for skills planning and research capacity
- Increase access to occupationally directed programmes within the Transport Sector
- Strengthening the quality assurance system
Our Priorities and Key Achievements
Our priorities centre around research, SMME support, green economy, artisan development, access to institutions of higher education, rural development, career guidance, leadership development and training. The following are some of our key achievements in the 2016/17 financial year.
- Bursaries: A total of 253 learners will be funded for the 2017 academic year until completion to the value of R41 972 000.00
- Skills programmes employed: A total of 461 learners have been funded for different skills to the value of R2 792 260.00
- Skills programmes unemployed: A total of 783 learners have been funded for driver skills programmes to the value of R7 004 675.00
- Learnership employed: A total of 1 261 learners have been funded to the value of R43 183 045
- Learnership unemployed: A total of 1 428 learners have been funded to the value of R73 344 600
- Artisan Development programme: A total of 468 learners have been funded to the value of R79 998 000.00
- Cadetship programme (Marine): A total of 46 learners have been funded to the value of R7 275 000.00
- Work Integrated Programme: Internships, Workplace Experience & Graduate Development : A total of 654 learners have been funded to the value of R29 059 800.00
- AET Programme: A total of 540 learners have been funded towards AET programme to the value of R4 842 500.00